Mr. Gregory J. Marshall co-chairs the firm’s Financial Services Litigation Group, focusing his practice on the defense of banks and lenders. Mr. Marshall’s clients include national and international banks, regional banks, mortgage lenders and servicers, credit card issuers, automobile finance servicers, credit unions, and money transmitters.
Mr. Marshall’s practice includes management of regional and national defense programs involving pattern litigation. Mr. Marshall has defended clients in a wide variety of litigation and regulatory matters, including qui tam, class action, and multi-district litigation (MDL).
Mr. Marshall has substantial experience litigating claims involving the Dodd-Frank amendments, CFPB regulations, U.S. Treasury regulations and directives, HAMP and HARP, MERS, and lien priority disputes.
Mr. Marshall also has substantial experience defending claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Unfair Debt Collection Practices Act (UDCPA), and state unfair and deceptive acts or practices (UDAP) statutes.
Representative Experience :
- Defended and tried bellwether case involving Fair Credit Reporting Act claims against secondary mortgage market participant.
- Defended national banks in pattern qui tam litigation regarding unpaid transfer taxes.
- Defended several national mortgage lenders and servicers in MDL litigation involving mortgage origination claims.
- Defended mortgage originators and servicers in actions filed by government officials and entities involving mortgage origination practices.
- Defended and tried case for mortgage lender involving construction loan and allegations of deceptive practices.
- Defended national mortgage lender in putative nationwide class action involving payoff fees.
- Defended mortgage lenders and servicers in various federal and state court litigation involving claims arising under the FCRA, FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, and state deceptive and unfair practices claims.
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Arizona (B.A., cum laude, 1995)
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Snell & Wilmer Financial Services Litigation Group, Co-Chairperson
- Federal Bar Association, Phoenix Chapter, Executive Board Member (2018)
- Snell & Wilmer Hiring Committee (2005-2018)
- Snell & Wilmer Pro Bono Committee, Chairperson (2009-2014)
- Phoenix Art Museum, Men’s Art Council Director (2005-2007)
- Arizona Bar Foundation, Legal Services Committee, Director (2005-2006)
Bar Admissions : Arizona; New Mexico
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of New Mexico
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arkansas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Rate : $$$