Jean F. Kuei is a bi-coastal labor and employment attorney who partners with employers to craft creative solutions to workplace disputes. Jean advises clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies across a wide array of industries, with an emphasis on the financial services, retail and automobile industries.
Jean is not only a tenacious litigator, but a highly-skilled negotiator, who has earned the respect of her clients and opponents alike. Her work covers a broad range of labor and employment cases from single-plaintiff retaliation, discrimination and harassment matters to multi-plaintiff wage and hour class actions.
Jean also regularly advises employers on breach of contract, trade secrets, unfair competition and ADA accessibility issues.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Obtained judgment in a 57-page bench decision in favor of the defendant in a negligent misrepresentation case in the District of Columbia Superior Court.
- Obtained a judgment in favor of defendant following a high-profile disability discrimination and retaliation arbitration in North Carolina. Secured voluntary dismissal of plaintiff’s four other claims with various administrative agencies.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of defendant, an international retail chain, in a pregnancy discrimination and retaliation lawsuit, in the United States District Court of Georgia.
- Helped secure a full dismissal of a systemic discrimination complaint into the criminal background check policies and procedures of a Fortune 100 NYSE bank.
- Obtained dismissal of a tortious conduct and breach of contract claim in favor of a well-known sports agent in front of an arbitrator appointed by the National Football League’s Players’ Association.
- Member, National Women’s Law Center Leadership Advisory Committee
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Lead and Executive Council Member, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2000
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, California
- All State and Federal Courts, District of Columbia
- All State and Federal Courts, California
Rate : $$$$