Jeffrey L. Rothschild’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and financial advisory work. He has advised clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and general corporate issues, such as fiduciary duties analysis, disclosure philosophy and compliance with federal securities law.
With experience representing both public and private clients, Jeff has handled transactions involving a range of industries, including health care, telecommunications, retail services, financial services and energy.
While at his prior law firm, Jeff led the financial advisory practice which was frequently ranked in the top 15 by Corporate Control Alert in terms of number of mergers and acquisitions transactions announced. Clients included the bulge bracket, the top middle market firms, as well as the premier boutique investment banks in rendering fairness, solvency and valuation opinions.
In addition to his law career, Jeff has worked as an investment banker at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. He has also written a number of articles appearing in The Deal, Euromoney and other publications. In addition, Jeff frequently speaks on financial advisory matters in venues such as the Practicing Law Institute and American Bar Association meetings. In law school, Jeff was associate editor of the American Criminal Law Review.
- The special committee of board of directors of Penske Automotive Group, Inc. in its $239 million acquisition from subsidiaries of GE Capital Global Holdings, LLC of a 5.5% ownership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
- The special committee of the board of directors of Apple REIT Ten, Inc. in its $1.3 billion sale to Apple Hospitality REIT, Inc.
- The Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Spectra Energy Partners in connection with its $1.5 billion sale of two natural gas liquids pipelines to Spectra Energy Corp.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of WPCS as it evaluated strategic alternatives that culminated in a litigated asset sale.
- Stanley Furniture in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Churchill Downs LLC for approximately $16.25 million.
- KPMG LLP in the sale of its Acumen Technology Group to The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of American International Group.
- Angelo Gordon in connection with its acquisition of certain securities from Taylor, Bean & Whitaker Mortgage in a 363 proceeding.
- Aixtron Aktiengesellschaft in its $143 million stock-for-stock cross-border merger with Genus.
- Barclays as financial advisor to Force Protection in its $360 million litigated sale to a leading aerospace and defense company.
- Georgetown University, MBA
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- Georgetown University, BA, cum laude
Admissions : New York
Affiliations : Director, Jewish Home LifeCare, 2004-present
Rate : $$$