Jennifer D. Cieluch is a New York-based litigator with a focus on patent litigation, including Hatch-Waxman litigation, proceedings at the International Trade Commission, and appeals at the Federal Circuit.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Rice University, B.S., 2009
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Representative Matters :
- Representing biotech company in trade secret and breach of contract litigation.
- Successfully represented brand-name pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation regarding blockbuster drug through bench trial resulting in complete win and sanctions awarded against generic company for discovery misconduct.
- Successfully represented biotech company in prevention of breach of contract claims.
- Successfully represented major technology company in patent litigation against competitors in multi-jurisdictional litigation—including violation, modification, and enforcement proceedings at the ITC, multiple district courts, and multiple appeals at the Federal Circuit—resulting in the invalidity of competitor’s patents.
- Advised on patent litigation risk on several corporate deals, including advice on deal structure, licensing, valuation, infringement, and validity.
Pro Bono :
- Successfully represented client serving 20 years for non-violent drug offense who was granted clemency—a reduction of 8 years off his sentence—by President Obama through the Clemency Project 2014.
- Obtained modified order at the Merit Systems Protect Board reducing repayment of overpaid benefits to a nominal rate, which resulted in successful settlement of complete waiver of claimed debt.
- Representing veterans at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims regarding claim for disability benefits.
Memberships and Affiliations : New York Intellectual Property Association – Young Lawyers Committee
Rate : $$$$