As a litigator, Jennifer R. Friedman primarily represents clients in complex commercial litigation and employment litigation. She is committed to providing each of her clients with the best defense and a solution tailored to their needs and goals while maintaining a high-quality work product and personalized service.
In the area of commercial litigation, she works with financial institutions, business organizations—both large and small—and individuals, helping them navigate complex tort claims and achieve the best result possible, whether that is a complete defense of all claims, or favorable settlement. Further, Jennifer has experience litigating e-Discovery disputes involving claims of spoliation of electronically stored information.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jennifer practiced at firms in Chicago, as well as Arizona. Most recently, she was managing attorney for the Arizona branch of the largest litigation firm in California’s San Fernando Valley.
While there, she defended premises liability claims for various insurance companies and their insureds and oversaw the handling of all of the firm’s Arizona matters. As an associate with a firm in Phoenix, she handled matters involving personal injury, family law, probate, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Representative Matters :
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing claims against a large manufacturer and distributor for hostile work environment under Title VII Rights Act of 1964 and state law retaliatory discharge.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing personal injury claim against commercial transportation company.
- Won a $2.2 million bench verdict and additional attorneys’ fees award on behalf of an insurer in Arizona District Court after successful partial summary judgment motion and trial.
- Researched and drafted dispositive motions in legal malpractice actions resulting in favorable settlements.
- Represented bank clients as creditors in borrower/guarantor Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Professional Affiliations :
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar Member, 2016
- North Phoenix Bar Association, Member
- Arizona Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2004
- B.A., Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$