Jeremy J. Gray focuses on defending and prosecuting commercial claims in both state and federal courts, as well as representing clients in high-stakes domestic and international arbitration proceedings, many of which are conducted under accelerated hearing procedures. In addition, he has significant experience in toxic tort litigation and product liability mass actions. Jeremy also regularly advises companies on contractual matters.
Jeremy has represented clients in a variety of industries including pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical benefit managers, insurance, durable goods manufacturers, commercial real estate developers, tobacco companies, and industrial and commercial manufacturers.
Recently, Jeremy was a member of two trial teams that defended against the federal government’s action to block mergers. He also defended a global pharmaceutical company in an international arbitration involving claims of breaches of a commercial development agreement.
Jeremy served as part of a team of attorneys representing R.J. Reynolds in a nationwide arbitration regarding contract disputes under the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement. As part of that representation, he served as a member of several trial teams in arbitration hearings before a panel of three retired federal judges.
Jeremy’s past experience also includes the successful defense of a large-scale commercial real estate developer that resulted in a full jury trial verdict, class action representation under the federal antitrust laws, and defense of a multinational engine manufacturer in a contract dispute with its largest customer.
- Washington University in St. Louis (J.D. 2006; Associate Editor, Washington University Journal of Law and Policy);
- Truman State University (B.A. & B.S. in Political Science and B.A. in Philosophy and Religion summa cum laude 2002; Phi Beta Kappa)
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Electrolux attempts acquisition of GE appliances business
- CVS Caremark prevails in Second Circuit appeal of summary judgment dismissing hundreds of Robinson-Patman Act claims
- DDR wins jury verdict in five week trial over development contract
- Executive of international shipping company defends antitrust criminal investigation
- Monster obtains pre-action discovery to advance civil claim
- CVS Caremark and pharmacy benefit managers win summary judgment in group boycott antitrust litigation
- Volunteers participate in 2009-10 Edward J. Lewis II Lawyers in Classroom Program
- CVS Caremark defends multidistrict antitrust class actions alleging price fixing among PBMs
- Hewitt Associates defends against insurance coverage dispute brought by London excess carrier.
Rate : $$$