Jocelyn C. Mroz is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Insurance Law Practice Group. Jocelyn began her practice defending insurers in coverage and liability actions. She litigates first and third-party insurance claims with a concentration in electronic signature disputes and tort claims.
Jocelyn’s experience includes representing her clients in all aspects of litigation from the pre-suit stage through appeal, in both state and federal courts. Jocelyn is a member of the Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers and Miami’s Lean-In Network. She regularly volunteers with CARE Elementary and mentors law students.
One of her passions is coaching track and field and she is proud to have coached dozens of throwers at both the collegiate and high school levels since 2007. Jocelyn coaches shot-put and discus to middle and high school students at Ransom Everglades in Coconut Grove.
Her former athletes include the Class 2A State Discus Champion (2015-2017), the Class 2A State Shot Champion (2017) and the Division III National Discus Champion (2015-2017).
- Valparaiso University, J.D., 2009
- Wheaton College (Illinois), B.A., Business and Economics, 2006
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Miami’s Lean-In Network
- “Friends of CARE,” Christian Academy for Reaching Excellence Elementary
- Granada Presbyterian Church
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Rate : $$$