Karen Lynn Milne advises clients in regulatory and commercial matters in the broadcast, satellite, telecommunications, wireless and high-technology industries. Karen regularly advises clients on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulatory issues relating to:
- Sales and acquisitions of FCC-regulated entities and assets
- Interference protection matters
- Spectrum policies and spectrum rights
- The broadcast incentive auction
- Foreign and multiple ownership limits
- FCC investigations and enforcement actions
- Signal carriage issues.
Karen also advises television and radio broadcast companies with respect to day-to-day licensing and compliance matters, including issues relating to political broadcasting; children’s television programming; equal employment opportunity rules; and indecency regulation.
In addition, Karen has significant transactional experience. She assists private equity and hedge funds with structuring communications acquisitions to be FCC-compliant and regularly assists clients with negotiating and drafting retransmission consent agreements, commercial transaction and licensing agreements, and agreements for the acquisition and sale of broadcast assets. Karen’s
Her clients have included:
- Television and radio station group owners
- Satellite operators
- Equipment manufacturers
- Private equity and hedge funds
- Providers of new technologies and services.
Before entering law school, Karen worked in international and domestic business development for ZDNet and CNET Networks, Inc.
- Represents radio and television broadcast companies, private equity and hedge funds, and advanced technology companies.
- Advises clients in the domestic and international telecommunications, media, and high-technology industries on regulatory matters.
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, summa cum laude, 2004
- B.A., Manhattanville College, magna cum laude, 1996
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$