Kenneth H. Sonnenfeld specializes in intellectual property, particularly in the field of biotechnology and pharmaceutical law. As a partner in our Intellectual Property, Patent and Trademark Litigation practice, Ken represents multinational corporations and start-up companies in related IP matters.
With nearly 30 years of IP experience and a doctorate in pharmacology, Ken represents biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in a full range of patent law matters. He advises clients on inter-party matters such as due diligence, litigation, foreign oppositions and licensing. He also handles complex strategic patent prosecution in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as supervising foreign prosecution.
Recognized as one of the nation’s leading intellectual property lawyers in the field of biotechnology and pharmaceutical patent law, Ken is a frequent speaker at biotechnology patent law conferences. He has been ranked highly by IAM Patent 1000—The World’s Leading Patent Professionals guide for litigation, patent prosecution and licensing, as well as by Chambers USA and Legal 500.
- J.D., Fordham University
- Ph.D., Columbia University
- M.Phil., Columbia University
- M.A., Columbia University
- B.A., Kenyon College
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$