Kevin Doherty practices in the area of insurance regulation and captive insurance. He serves as President of the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association, Inc., and he helped to rewrite the captive insurance law in Tennessee in 2011.
Since that time, Tennessee has formed over 150 captives and 350 related cells (more than 500 risk bearing entities) and become one of the leading domestic domiciles for captives.
Mr. Doherty also practices music and entertainment law and represents recording artists, songwriters, and record and music publishing companies in connection with music agreements.
- Princeton University, A.B., 1982
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1985
- Tennessee, 1999
- Georgia, 1990
- New York, 1986
- Tennessee Captive Insurance Association, Inc. (TCIA), Chairman and President (2011 – present)
- International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) – Instructor (2014 – present)
- Self-Insurance Institute of America, Inc. (SIIA) – Chair (2008 – 09) and member (2015 – present) of Alternative Risk Transfer / Captive Insurance Committee
- Georgia Captive Insurance Association, Inc. (GCIA), Founder, President and Board member (1998 – present)
Rate : $$$