Laura Zimmerman is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Litigation Practice Group in New York, where she focuses her practice on international arbitration and litigation. Ms. Zimmerman is a member of the International Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
She regularly contributes to and assists in the editing of the Firm’s International Litigation and Arbitration Newsletter, is frequently a regional editor for the annual International Arbitration Yearbook, and is the North America editor for the Global Arbitration News website.
She is also actively engaged in pro bono matters, with a focus on representation of undocumented immigrants in removal proceedings. As a law student, Ms. Zimmerman was Executive Articles Editor for the Brooklyn Journal of International Law and an International Business Law Fellow.
Ms. Zimmerman primarily advises foreign and domestic entities on cross-border contract, general commercial, energy, investment treaty, intellectual property, and business tort disputes. She has represented private parties and foreign states in complex commercial disputes in ICC, AAA/ICDR, JAMS and ICSID arbitrations, mediations, and in New York and New Jersey federal and state courts.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D. cum laude) (2011)
- American University, School of International Service (M.A. International Peace and Conflict Resolution) (2007)
- American University, School of International Service (B.A. International Studies honors, magna cum laude) (2005)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2013)
- New York~United States (2012)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a US biomedical entity in an ICC arbitration with an African state agency involving royalty claims for a patented scientific technology.
- Represented a UK bank in litigation involving enforcement of a foreign money judgment, breach of contract, and defamation claims in New York state court.
- Represented a Chinese company and its US subsidiary in moving to compel CIETAC arbitration of a civil RICO action in New Jersey federal court.
- Represented a Hong Kong e-commerce company in a trademark infringement litigation featuring complex e-discovery issues in New York federal court.
- Represented an insurer in a JAMS mediation of high-stakes coverage claims of a public utility company.
Rate : $$$