Lawrence M. Braun is the former Leader of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. In addition to his law degree, Mr. Braun holds an M.B.A. in Finance from the Kellogg School at Northwestern University and has attained the New Jersey C.P.A. Certificate Requirements.
He was previously a managing director of the largest private investment banking firm on the west coast. Mr. Braun is resident in the firm’s Los Angeles office where he represents public and private companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and general business.
Mr. Braun is an advisor to clients ranging from family-owned businesses to multi-national corporations in many diverse industries such as high-tech and computers, healthcare, consumer goods, aerospace and defense, and grocery and food service. His principal areas of practice are general corporate law, corporate finance and securities law, mergers and acquisition transactions, contractual matters (including licensing and distribution arrangements), healthcare transactions and general business counseling.
- J.D., Northwestern University, 1981
- M.B.A., Northwestern University, 1981
- A.B., Rutgers College, 1977
- Mergers and acquisitions of both private and public companies – (primary responsibility for approximately 500 transactions)
- Negotiation of numerous complex business and financial relationships
- Represented Wencor Group, LLC in the acquisition of Fortner Engineering & Manufacturing, Inc.
- Represented Rubicon Resources, LLC in the sale to High Liner Foods (USA), Incorporated and High Liner Foods Incorporated
- Represented 888extramoney.com LLC d/b/a Extrameasures in its sale to BlackHawk Network Holdings, Inc.
- Represented J. E. DeWitt, Inc. in its sale to Southern Counties Oil Co. and Cardlock Fuels System, Inc.
- Represented Hall & Foreman, Inc., a multidisciplinary design firm, in its sale to David Evans and Associates, Inc.
- Represented GNW -Evergreen Insurance Services, LLC in a sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of Hub International Ltd.
- Represented LRJ Enterprises, Inc. and certain affiliates in their acquisition of Marketing Software Company, LLC from V12 Holdings Inc. and Datagence, Inc.
- Represented Trojan Battery Company and its affiliates in the sale of a controlling equity interest to Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Represented GenCorp Inc. (NYSE: GY) in its acquisition of operations of the Pratt & W hitney Rocketdyne business from United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX)
- Represented the owners of EBD Group AG, EBD Grou p GmbH and European Business Development Group, Inc. in the sale of stock to Informa Group plc (LSE: INF)
- Former member, Executive Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Business and Corporations Law Section
- Board Member, ProVisors, 2013-Present
Rate : $$$$