Leslie Davis litigates complex insurance and commercial cases at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts nationwide on behalf of U.S.-based and international clients. She also arbitrates reinsurance and commercial disputes in domestic and international proceedings.
Leslie has significant experience representing insurance companies in coverage matters, with a focus on environmental and mass tort liabilities and professional liability coverage disputes. She regularly represents insurance and reinsurance companies in negotiations, mediations and arbitrations involving disputes arising out of their reinsurance relationships.
Representative Matters :
- Counseling and representing reinsurers in disputes involving their obligations and their ability to increase premiums on books of yearly renewable term life insurance.
- Representing insurers in litigation involving coverage for Amtrak’s environmental liabilities and various bodily injury claims arising out of repetitive stress, asbestos and other substances.
- Representing London market insurers with respect to coverage issues for various professional liability matters, including crime, technology and media, and architects and engineers.
- Representing insurers in litigation regarding coverage for General Motors’ historical environmental and asbestos liabilities.
- Representing a global petroleum and petrochemical trading company in multiple U.S. and international contract disputes involving the purchase or sale of biodiesel fuel, chemicals and other energy products.
- Representing an international biopharmaceutical company in arbitrations concerning contractual licensing disputes.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Co-chair, ABA Business Bankruptcy Committee; Member, Mass Torts and Environmental Claims Subcommittee
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2002
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 1996
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Maryland
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Rate : $$$$