Lisa Rosaya is a partner at Baker McKenzie’s Intellectual Property Practice in New York. Lisa was described in the 2017 Chambers USA edition as “particularly assured in advising on IP disputes and enforcement issues.” Prior to joining the Firm in October 2005, she was an associate at Coudert Brothers LLP and a Trademark Examining Attorney at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
She has authored numerous articles and spoken at various industry events on trademark, copyright, advertising, Internet and domain name issues. Lisa focuses on global trademark portfolios and brand management services, including trademark selection and branding, trademark prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, copyright and trademark licensing, enforcement and infringement matters, domain name issues and disputes and labeling and advertising issues.
She also assists in addressing IP issues in the context of corporate and financing transactions, including drafting and analyzing IP-related provisions and agreements, due diligence and perfection of security interests domestically and internationally.
Her clients include companies from the consumer, food and beverage, telecommunications, media and entertainment, fashion and luxury goods, financial services, social media, and computer hardware and software industries.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D.) (1996)
- Boston University (B.A. cum laude) (1992)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2008)
- New York~United States (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit~United States (1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- International Trademark Association (INTA) – Rights of Publicity Committee (and former subcommittee) (2014-current)
- INTA – Presidential Task Force (2016)
- New York State Bar Association – Treasurer, Intellectual Property Law Section (2013-2014); co-chair, Trademark Committee (2008-2013)
- ICANN – GNSO-chartered Registration Abuse Policies Implementation Drafting Team, Fall 2010
- INTA – Internet Committee – Domain Disputes and WHOIS Subcommittee (2010-2013)
Rate : $$$