Matthew R. Peterson is a partner in the firm’s Private Clients Group, where he advises clients in all areas of estate planning and probate law and he routinely represents individual and institutional clients in litigated matters in the Probate and Superior Courts. Matt’s estate planning practice ranges from the estate planning needs of younger individuals and families to high net worth clients with sophisticated business and estate planning objectives.
His practice also includes planning for individuals with special needs and those who have suffered significant injury or disability, and planning for the needs of the elderly. When a loved one passes, Matt advises families through the estate settlement process, including post-mortem tax and trust planning considerations.
Matt’s practice is unique: he is both a planning attorney, developing estate plans and settling decedents’ estates, and an effective advocate and litigation attorney when estate and trust matters become contested. He frequently represents individuals and families in will, trust and contested conservatorship matters, and represents leading Connecticut, regional and national financial institutions serving as trustee and fiduciary.
- New Haven County Bar Association, Estates and Probate Section, former Committee Co-Chair
- Connecticut Estate & Tax Planning Council, Inc., Board Member
- Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation, Board and Executive Committee Member, Chair of Grants Committee
- Faulkner’s Island Light Brigade, Board Member
- Past President, University of Connecticut Alumni Association
- Served many years on Board of PLAN of Connecticut, Inc., Trustee service provider for individuals with special needs
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1998 ,with honors
- Trinity College, B.A., 1994
Rate : $$$