Meredith R. Philipp’s primary area of practice is construction litigation and contract drafting. She represents general contractors and owners, in both the prosecution and defense of claims on public and private construction projects.
In her construction practice, she has represented and counseled contractors and in cases involving federal and state Miller Act and Prompt Payment Act claims, complex contractual disputes, delay claims, structural defects, government contracts, surety claims and mechanic’s liens.
Meredith has handled cases involving Miller and Little Miller Act claims as well as employment matters involving the Department of Labor and the Fair Labor Standards Act. She has significant arbitration experience with construction disputes.
She has handled cases in both state and federal courts. She has also drafted construction contracts and subcontracts by tailoring standard documents to meet client need.
Meredith is a former Division I college athlete who revels in the hard work and dedication it takes to win the best legal outcomes for her clients. Her clients see her as a valuable team player with the skill and stamina to advocate tenaciously for their interests.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Division 13 – Government Construction Contracting
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Maryland
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Rate : $$$$