Michael Gonzales is an associate in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. Prior to law school, Michael worked in the insurance industry as an underwriter. He focused his legal education on insurance and business law, and in addition to his Juris Doctor, he earned his Masters in Business Administration.
Michael served as the Editor in Chief of his law journal and also on Texas Tech University School of Law’s advocacy organization, the Board of Barristers, which is ranked in the top 25 nationally and where Michael was ranked a top-ten advocate for the class of 2016.
Michael is currently pursuing the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation with a focus on commercial insurance and completed the 2017 Dallas Bar Association Trial Academy.
Michael assists clients with professional liability litigation, insurance litigation, coverage counseling, and commercial litigation. He represents brokers, agents, financial planners, managing general agents, third-party administrators, and attorneys in litigation involving professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties, and malpractice.
With regards to insurance coverage and litigation, Michael has experience defending insurers in litigation alleging breach of contract and the duty to defend, bad faith, improper claims handling, Stowers liability, Insurance Code violations, Deceptive Trade Practices and failure to adequately reserve rights.
He also counsels insurers on policy interpretation, drafting, and coverage for new and existing product lines. His experience includes drafting policy language to address ridesharing, unmanned aerial vehicles, and professional liability risks.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2016
- Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business, Masters in Business Administration, 2016
- University of the Incarnate Word, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2010
- State Bar Admissions, Texas
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practices Section
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- Dallas Young Lawyer’s Association
Rate : $$$$