Michael Williams is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate Finance and Securities Group in Baker Donelson’s Atlanta office. Mr. Williams focuses on representing public and private companies and individuals in general corporate matters, contract negotiation and preparation, mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings and compliance.
Mr. Williams assists his clients with several aspects of the corporate lifecycle, including but not limited to capital raising of all sizes and nature; private placement securities offerings; syndications; public offerings; corporate formation and governance; mergers; acquisitions; and intellectual property.
Mr. Williams also has extensive experience drafting offering documents and related agreements for public and private real estate investment trusts (REITs) and business development companies (BDCs).
Using his prior industry and business experience, Mr. Williams counsels individuals and business entities in the music, film, television and video game industries. Mr. Williams helps his clients with general corporate structuring, implementation and governance, project financing, protection of intellectual property and the negotiation, drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to the following types of agreements: talent, distribution, appearance, non-disclosure, licensing, management and booking.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of Georgia, B.B.A. in Finance, 2009
ADMISSIONS : Georgia, 2014
- Prepared prospectus, other offering documents, ancillary agreements and ongoing reporting compliance for publicly registered non-traded REIT that registered $1.1 billion of securities with the SEC.
- Drafted private placement memorandum and related agreements for private real estate investment trust, for a $200 million raise.
- Performed all legal work in connection with publicly released independent documentary (music and video licensing, copyright registration, negotiation of distribution contract with largest independent film distributor, personal appearance waivers, etc.).
- Negotiated and drafted artist management agreement for national talent agency.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Atlanta Bar Association
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – National Association of Record Industry Professionals (NARIP)
Rate : $$$