Steven Pounian joined the firm of Kreindler & Kreindler LLP in 1980 and became a partner in 1987 focusing on aviation litigation. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Georgetown University with Honors (1977) and received his J.D. degree from New York University (1980). At law school, he was Senior Editor of the Review of Law and Social Change.
He is admitted to the bar of New York, the Federal Courts of Appeals of the Second, Third, Fifth, and D.C. Circuits and the United States Supreme Court and has appeared pro hac vice in numerous state and federal courts throughout the United States.
He has also been involved in many other aviation crash cases, including numerous commuter, military, product liability and general aviation cases.
He was elected and served as Chair of the Aviation and Space law Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA) Tort and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS); Chair of the Trial Techniques Committee of ABA TIPS and has also served as a Vice-Chair of the Litigation Committee of ABA TIPS.
He has served as a Court appointed mediator in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and as a Court appointed arbitrator in the Eastern District of New York. He has delivered several papers and given lectures at ABA Conventions and National Institutes, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Convention, New York State Bar Litigation Seminars and the Southern Methodist University Air Law Symposium.
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, J.D. – 1980
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, B.A. -1977
- New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
Rate : $$$$