Michael G. Pedhirney focuses on the representation of management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including : Collective bargaining, Matters before the National Labor Relations Board, Harassment and discrimination, Wrongful termination.
Appearing in state and federal courts, he handles jury and bench trials, as well as administrative hearings before the National Labor Relations Board, and the California Labor Commissioner. He has specific experience with claims arising under :
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The California Labor Code
- The California Fair Employment and Housing Act
Michael also represents employers in contract negotiations, collective bargaining, appellate matters, and arbitration and mediation. He assists clients with compliance counseling. He often works with the following types of companies : Transportation, Energy.
Michael is a member of Littler’s Associates Committee. He also served on the San Francisco office’s Hiring Committee and as the Chair of the San Francisco office’s Summer Associates Committee. Michael also has worked with Littler’s Workplace Policy Institute (WPI) with regard to legislative and regulatory developments in labor and employment law.
While attending law school, Michael worked as an extern at the Associate Regional Solicitor’s Office for the Department of Labor and at a law firm in Houston handling labor and employment disputes. He also served as an associate notes and comments editor for the Washington Law Review.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Ability Now Bay Area
Rate : $$$