Michelle G. Adams routinely serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bond purchaser’s counsel and disclosure counsel in single and mulifamily housing financings. Additionally, she has been bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in tax allocation district (tax increment financing) bond transactions, and has represented financial institutions in direct bond purchases and drawdown bond programs.
With Michelle’s extensive knowledge of the housing finance agency industry and public finance, she has assisted dozens of clients in the issuance of billions of dollars in bond financings.
- Lead bond counsel to five state housing finance agencies.
- Counsel to the underwriters in five state and local housing finance agency working groups.
- Bond counsel to state housing finance agencies implementing new parity bond indentures.
- Bond counsel to multiple local and state housing finance agencies for their drawdown bond programs (recycling and preservation of bond volume cap). Additionally, assisted such agencies in the purchase of their own tender bonds.
- Counsel to multiple state housing finance agencies for implementation of the New Issue Bond Purchase program of the U.S. Treasury, with the issuance of over $725 million of bonds.
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, Davis Society
- Master of Regional Planning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, with High Distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : Minnesota, Georgia
Memberships and Affiliations : State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$