Mona Burton represents all major stakeholders in bankruptcy cases and creditors rights litigation: secured and unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, debtors, committees, trustees, and receivers.
Mona provides practical, strategic advice to clients to help them resolve their bankruptcy and creditors rights disputes in the least time and for the least cost.
Mona has more than 35 years’ experience and knows how to maneuver the legal landscape to achieve her clients’ goals. A Fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy, Mona has an established reputation in the restructuring community for integrity, credibility, and hard work.
Mona’s experience in bankruptcy and creditors rights litigation spans many industries: real estate, technology, telecommunications, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, transportation, retail, health and retirement care, and agriculture.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1980
- University of Texas, B.S., 1976
Bar Admissions : Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American College of Bankruptcy, Fellow, Class XXI
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Utah State Bar, Character and Fitness Committee, Member
- Utah State Bar, Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee, Past Member
- United Way of Salt Lake, Member, Board of Directors, Chair 2011-2012
Rate : $$$