Nehal S. Anand is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters arising under federal and state laws, including: Discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religious, sex, age, or disability, Harassment in the workplace, Wage and hour disputes, Retaliation and interference with rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Breach of contract and state tort claims such as assault, defamation, fraud, misrepresentation, tortious interference and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Nehal assists employers with responding to administrative charges of discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and claims for unemployment benefits or unpaid wages before the Texas Workforce Commission.
In addition, she counsels employers in best practices on employment law matters, including : Reviewing and drafting employee handbooks and policies, Hiring, performance management and termination, Auditing wage and hour policies and practices to ensure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Nehal is a member of the firm’s Diversity Advisory Group and is the co-chair of the subcommittee responsible for tracking and promoting diversity within the firm.
During law school, Nehal served as a judicial intern for the Hon. David Hittner, U. S. District Judge, Southern District of Texas. In law school, she was a notes and comments editor for the South Texas Law Review and served as an advocate and brief-writer for the nationally-recognized South Texas College of Law Moot Court Team.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2009
- B.A., University of Richmond, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Board Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Member, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston
- Member, South Asian Bar Association
Rate : $$$