Nichol Bunn is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the firm’s Healthcare Practice. Ms. Bunn has extensive experience handling cases involving healthcare institutions such as skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, residential care centers, intermediate care facilities, hospitals, emergency departments, correctional facilities, and clinical laboratories with respect to claims of professional liability, general liability, healthcare liability, construction defect, contracts, auto, employment and regulatory issues.
She also represents individual healthcare providers including physicians, nurses, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, phlebotomists, and physical therapists. Ms. Bunn’s practice also includes the representation of non-healthcare clients in dram shop or GL matters involving complex medical injuries including traumatic brain injuries and RSD/CRPS.
- University of Texas, Juris Doctor, 1994
- University of Texas, Bachelor of Science, 1991
- State Bar Admissions, Texas
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court,
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit,
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts,
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- American Correctional Association (ACA)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) – Member
- Dallas Area Gerontological Society (DAGS) – Member
- Dallas Bar Association (DBA) – Member and Guest Lecturer at the DBA Trial Academy
- UT Mock Trial – Past adjunct at the University of Texas School of Law.
Legal Experience :
- Obtained dismissals of lawsuits at the trial court level and on interlocutory appeal with the recovery of attorneys’ fees. Also successfully defended these dismissals on appeal.
- Obtained a favorable result in a case against a medical device distributor in a products liability case with multi-million dollar exposure.
- Successfully defended healthcare institutions involving ERISA claims in arbitration.
- Obtained favorable results in non-medical cases brought against healthcare facilities including premises liability claims and lawsuits involving facility owned vehicles.
Rate : $$$