Paul Meier is a member of the firm’s Business, Startups & Emerging Companies, Food & Beverage, Licensing & Technology and Real Estate Groups. On a day-to-day basis, he provides the advice and services clients need to achieve their business goals.
Paul’s focus is on business formations, business and real estate acquisitions and financings, and other commercial transactions. He represents both start-up businesses and established companies.
Paul has considerable experience representing technology companies in venture capital financings, joint ventures, and licensing and marketing agreements. Paul is also experienced in the purchase and sale of dental and other professional practices.
Paul regularly serves as U.S. counsel for Canadian clients expanding into the U.S. and in cross-border transactions. Paul represents major Canadian financial institutions as well as a broad range of Canadian borrowers (or their U.S. subsidiaries) in cross-border loan transactions.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Washington State University
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- CEO Adviser: Preparing the Exit Strategy, Washington CEO
- Can Franchisors Be Barred From Cyberspace? (Internet encroachment on franchise territories)
- The Darker Side of Non-Profits: When Charities and Social Welfare Groups Become Political Slush Funds, University of Pennsylvania Law Review (147 U. Pa. L. Rev. 971)
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Member, American Whitewater Association
- Member, University of Pennsylvania Law School Alumni Society
- Member, Washington Water Trails Association
- Member, Washington and King County Bar Associations
Rate : $$$$