R. Randal Crispen is the Office Managing Partner of the firm’s San Diego office and a member of the Business Trial Practice Group. Mr. Crispen represents insurance companies in major coverage and bad faith lawsuits. As examples, he currently represents major insurers in coverage litigation arising out of the National Football League and NCAA players’ traumatic brain injury litigation and the Blue Cross Blue Shield antitrust litigation.
Mr. Crispen also is an accomplished trial attorney, having obtained defense verdicts as lead trial counsel in state and federal courts throughout Southern California. Mr. Crispen was lead counsel in a case named one of the top ten defense verdicts in California in 2007 by the Los Angeles Daily Journal. Mr. Crispen lectures frequently on insurance and civil litigation topics.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley – Boalt Hall, 1985
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1981, highest honors
Admissions : California
- Riddell v Ace, et al. – Lead counsel for a major insurer in coverage litigation arising out of the concussion lawsuits filed by thousands of former football players against the NFL and its official helmet manufacturer, Riddell Inc.
- Kalan, et. al. v. State Farm – Defense jury verdict after less than 30 minutes of deliberations in a case alleging negligence against a State Farm agent for failing to procure appropriate policies for a business owned by three physicians resulting in more than $1 million in uninsured losses.
- SVP v. Toyota Motor Sales USA – lead trial counsel for Toyota in a case alleging breach of a contract to design a high performance version of the Tundra truck.
- Hurtado v. Allstate; Sparer v. Allstate; Bitter v. Allstate; Koven v. Allstate – Defense jury verdicts in cases alleging breach of contract and bad faith.
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Master, American Inns of Court – Louis Welsh Chapter
- Judge Pro Tem, San Diego County Superior Court
Rate : $$$