Raj Bandla is a senior counsel in the Austin office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on real estate transactions and affordable housing. He has experience in representing tax credit syndicators and multi-national financial institutions making equity investments in affordable housing projects throughout the United States.
Raj also represents affordable housing developers in transactions financed with federal and state low income housing tax credits, historic rehabilitation tax credits, tax-exempt bonds, FHA insured multi-family loans and a variety of other private and governmental financing sources.
Raj has also represented clients on matters involving partnership taxation issues, asset management matters, debt refinancings and “Year 15” investor exits.
Raj’s developer and investor experience includes drafting and negotiating partnership and limited liability company agreements, debt documentation, purchase and sale agreements, state and federal regulatory agreements and state and federal tax opinions.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of a developer in the closing of initial debt and equity financing for the rehabilitation of an aging affordable housing development
- Representation of an investor in its exit from an investment in a portfolio of multifamily properties financed by low-income housing tax credits
- Representation of investors and developers in asset management matters, including debt refinancing, negotiation of permanent loan documents and assistance with compliance matters
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2010
- Managing Editor, Mich. Journal of International Law
- B.B.A., with distinction, University of Michigan, 2005
Admissions : Texas; New York
Rate : $$$