Rita M. Haeusler is a partner in Hughes Hubbard & Reed’s Litigation practice and head of the firm’s Los Angeles office. She has more than 25 years’ experience litigating in a variety of state and federal courts throughout California, Nevada, Arizona, the Pacific Northwest, Tennessee, New Jersey and New York, and before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Her practice focuses primarily on complex litigation in the areas of intellectual property, entertainment, antitrust, class actions, e-commerce, privacy and employment law.
She has worked on a number of cases involving drug companies, including the defense of the Cartwright Act and California Business & Professions Code Section 17200 claims brought by independent pharmacies alleging price-fixing and unfair competition with respect to prescription pharmaceuticals.
Among her professional activities, she serves as a member of the advisory board of the University of Southern California (USC) Gould School of Law, Institute for Corporate Counsel.
She is a member of Union Internationale des Avocats, a member of the board of directors of the 9th Judicial Circuit Historical Society, and chair of the 9th Circuit Advisory Council.
She received both her B.A. cum laude and her J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Member, advisory board, USC Gould School of Law, Institute for Corporate Counsel (2009 – 2011)
- Member, Union Internationale des Avocats
- Member, board of directors, 9th Judicial Circuit Historical Society
- Chair, board of directors, 9th Circuit Advisory Council (2011 – present)
- Member, Technology Standing Committee
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), B.A., 1980, cum laude with Departmental Honors
Rate : $$$