Robert W. (Bob) Hogeboom devotes his practice exclusively to insurance regulatory, corporate, legislation/adoption of regulations and administrative matters before the California Department of Insurance (CDI).
Mr. Hogeboom represents numerous insurer and producer clients in regulatory and administrative matters including market conduct claims and rating issues. He has handled more than 50 hearings involving CDI enforcement actions against insurers and producers including rate hearings, market conduct actions and disciplinary proceedings.
In addition, Mr. Hogeboom serves as outside special counsel to several producer trade associations and serves as the firm’s liaison to the Association of California Insurance Companies and special counsel to the Pacific Association of Domestic Insurance Companies.
Mr. Hogeboom became a partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2014 as a result of the merger of Hinshaw and the Los Angeles-based firm of Barger & Wolen LLP.
Professional Affiliations :
- The State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Conference of Insurance Counsel, Member
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel, President, 2000-2001
- California Department of Insurance, Member Agent and Broker Advisory Committee (2007-2009)
Representative Matters :
- Globe Life and Accident ALJ Decision on Insurance Commissioner Claims Regulations; OAH No. 2011-090887 (2012)
- American Liberty Bail Bonds v. Garamendi, 141 Cal.App. 4th 1044 (2006)
- Automatic Funding Group v. Garamendi, 114 Cal.App. 4th 846 (2003)
- National Elevator Services, Inc. v. Dept. of Industrial Relations, 136 Cal.App. 3rd 131 (1982)
- J.D., California Western School of Law, 1974
- B.A., Stanford University, 1970
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$