Scott Holcomb’s practice focuses on representation of public entities, construction and real estate documentation and claims, as well as commercial litigation, with emphasis on government contracts, real estate, and construction related disputes; however, his practice spans nearly all aspects of commercial litigation.
Mr. Holcomb has been involved in cases relating to public bid protests, property rights, contractor and real estate licensing, escrow agent and broker liability and claims, computer systems and software, insurance defense and coverage issues, bond claims, easements, enforcement of CC&Rs, business partnerships, businesses aspects of domestic relations cases, constitutional rights, and title insurance, to name a few areas. He has also drafted bid packages, contracts, and contract templates for public and private construction, for developers, contractors, municipalities, and other government entities.
Mr. Holcomb has appeared as an advocate before the Arizona Superior Court, the Arizona Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Districts of Arizona and Nevada, the California Superior Court, the Nevada Superior Court, the Arizona Corporation Commission, the Arizona State Procurement Office, the Arizona State Liquor Licensing Board, the Arizona Department of Real Estate, the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, the Nevada Board of Contractors, the Arizona Department of Transportation Board, and various school districts and other regulatory bodies.
- Iowa State University, B.S., Speech, 1981
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1984
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Elected Member and President, Madison Elementary School District No. 38 Governing Board
- Director, Maricopa County, Arizona School Boards Association
- Past Member, State Bar of Arizona Construction Law Section Board and Electronic Bulletin Board Committee
- Member, Real Estate and Construction Sections of the Arizona State Bar and American Bar Association
Rate : $$$