Shari L. Klevens is the co-chair of the global Insurance sector team. She is also a member of the Firm’s leadership team, serving on its US board of directors. Additionally, Shari is active in Dentons’ women’s initiative and served as chair of the legacy McKenna Long & Aldridge Women’s Steering Committee.
She is a lawyer to whom clients turn when they need an aggressive but practical approach to difficult matters, and her clients rely on her to create and implement a successful strategy, whether they are bringing, defending or avoiding litigation.
Shari represents lawyers and law firms in the defense of legal malpractice claims and advises and counsels lawyers concerning allegations of malpractice, ethical violations and breaches of duty. In addition, Shari handles other professional negligence claims, such as those involving accountants, engineers, financial planners, insurance brokers, real estate professionals, travel agents and others.
In light of her broad experience in professional negligence claims, Shari is a frequent writer and lecturer on issues related to legal malpractice and ethics and is regularly interviewed and quoted by the media on these issues.
She co-authored Georgia Legal Malpractice Law and California Legal Malpractice Law, which address the intricacies and nuances of legal malpractice law and issues that confront the new millennium lawyer.
She also co-authored The Lawyer’s Handbook: Ethics Compliance and Claim Avoidance, an easy-to-use desk reference offering practical solutions to real problems in the modern law practice for attorneys throughout the United States.
In 2016, Shari was appointed to chair the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Lawyer’s Professional Liability. In 2015, Shari received the Corporate LiveWire Global Award in the area of Professional Negligence.
- George Washington University School of Law, 1999, JD, with honors
- University of Maryland, 1995, BA, cum laude
- University of Maryland, 1995, BS, cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
Community Involvement and Pro Bono : Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2012
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fellow, Counsel on Litigation Management
- ABA Litigation Section Subcommittees for Intellectual Property Litigation
- ABA Litigation Section Subcommittees for Professional Liability Litigation
Rate : $$$$