Stacey Hendrix McNelis is dedicated to the practice of law and helping those in need. She focuses primarily in Criminal, Dependency and Family Law, and Social Security in Polk, Hardee and Highlands counties. She is an experienced trial attorney, having handled numerous cases in the county court as well as at the circuit court level. Over the course of her career, she has argued hundreds of motions and has tried over 30 jury trials.
Prior to founding McNelis Law, Ms. McNelis joined Colón & McNelis, P.A., in 2005 and practiced criminal and family law there until 2018.
Ms. McNelis has been a member of The Florida Bar since 2001 and is a member of the Criminal and Family Sections of the Bar. She is also a member of the Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the Lakeland Bar Association, and the Polk County Trial Lawyers Association.
Ms. McNelis began her legal career as an assistant state attorney at the State Attorney’s Office for the 10th Judicial Circuit practicing in Polk and Hardee counties. She then decided to explore the other side and became an assistant public defender at the Public Defender’s Office for the 10th Judicial Circuit.
Ms. McNelis is a Polk County native who grew up in Bartow and graduated with honors from Bartow Senior High School. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Florida State University in 1997. She then earned her Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in December of 2000.
Stacey H. McNelis has more than 17 years of legal experience to help our clients obtain the legal outcome they are seeking. Whether you are facing criminal charges or navigating a change in your family, we can help you assess your options and find the best path forward.
- Florida, 2001
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida, J.D. – December, 2000
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FloridaB.S. – 1997
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Lakeland Bar Association, Member
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Bar, Criminal and Family Sections of the Bar, Member
- Junior Service League , Secretary
- Heather’s Hope Foundation, Assistant Treasurer
- Collaborative Professionals Association of Central Florida, Treasurer
Rate : $$$