Sumpter M. McGowin II practices in the area of business and transactions with a focus on taxation, corporate law, health care and estate planning. He is experienced in advising companies and their principals at all points of the business life cycle from formation of entities and negotiation of organizational documents among principals to the acquisition and disposition of whole companies.
He frequently advises physicians and other health care entities with respect to matters unique to the life of those businesses such as physician employment agreements, practice organization and capital structure, joint ventures, regulatory compliance, and tax planning, and frequently consults with families and individuals with respect to their estate planning.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, 2009
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2008; Senior Editor, Journal of the Legal Profession
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. in Economics, 2004
- American Bar Association – Business and Tax Sections
- Memphis Bar Association
- Mobile Baykeeper (President of Board of Directors)
- Rotary Club
Rate : $$$