Joseph J. “Jay” Minus Jr. practices in the areas of municipal law, commercial litigation and labor and employment law. His labor and employment practice focuses on all aspects of employment law in the defense of union issues, Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, OSHA and civil rights claims.
Mr. Minus also represents clients with personal injury claims involving wrongful death, products liability, industrial accidents, and fraud. He routinely represents insurance agencies in professional liability claims and handles insurance coverage questions for numerous clients.
His clients include municipal corporations, manufacturers, contractors, service providers, shipping companies, automobile dealerships, physicians/medical providers, shipyards, and insurance companies and agencies.
As general counsel for two cities, he handles all aspects relating to city operations including public meetings, municipal contracts, municipal development and municipal financing. Mr. Minus is a certified mediator and serves as City attorney for the cities of Chickasaw and Satsuma, Alabama.
He also serves as attorney for the Chickasaw Industrial Development Board, the Utilities Board for the City of Chickasaw, and for the Waterworks and Sewer Board for the City of Satsuma.
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1985; Associate Editor, Cumberland Law Review
- University of Alabama, B.A., 1981
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association (Past President, Past Secretary-Treasurer, Past Board Member)
- Defense Research Institute – Alabama State Representative
- Downtown Rotary Club
Rate : $$$