Tarifa B. Laddon protects the interests of innovative manufacturers of medical devices, food products, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products and various other consumer products in product liability litigation all over the country. Tarifa has specific expertise in defending mass torts and class actions.
Tarifa also represents clients in the following types of disputes : Complex commercial litigation, Environmental, Business torts, Real estate, Labor and employment. In addition to her California bar license, Tarifa is qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales.
In addition to representing medical device manufacturers, including in orthopedic and female pelvic mesh litigation, Tarifa has assisted industrial manufacturers of engines, filtration and power generation products in product liability matters.
In the environmental space, Tarifa helps manufacturers resolve litigation alleging groundwater contamination, Clean Water Act violations, Prop 65 violations and toxic tort cases.
Tarifa is experienced in defeating class certification and defending putative class actions involving claims of deceptive food advertising, FLSA violations, breach of warranty, and wage and hour issues.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. Michigan Journal of Gender & Law (articles editor) (2005)
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), B.A. summa cum laude (2002)
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Professional Associations : American Bar Association — Section of Litigation, Trial Practice Committee (Newsletter Committee, Co-Chair)
Civic Activities : Bet Tzedek — Board of Directors.
Rate : $$$