Michael “Mike” P. Rohan has over twenty years of experience in insurance regulation and litigation, legislation and rulemaking, dispute resolution, and complex civil and criminal litigation in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was Deputy Director of Consumer Education and Protection for the Illinois Department of Insurance, where he headed the market regulation division of a 250-employee state insurance department with a $50 million annual budget. While at the department, Mike oversaw over 150 market conduct examinations of insurers. Mike also advised three different Directors of Insurance on policy and legal matters.
Nationally, Mike represented Illinois on and before numerous task forces and working groups with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”), including the Market Actions Working Group and groups related to Market Analysis Procedures, Advisory Organization Examination Oversight, Cybersecurity, Big Data, Market Conduct Examination Certification, the Chief Market Regulator Forum, and Travel Insurance.
Mike was also actively involved in drafting groups at NAIC for both the Travel Insurance Model Law as well as the Insurance Data Security Model Law, as well as market conduct examination standards for cybersecurity and mental health parity.
- Deputy Director, Consumer Education and Protection, Illinois Department of Insurance, Chicago
- Senior Litigation Associate, McDonald & McCabe, LLC, Chicago
- Litigation Associate, Winston & Strawn LLP, Chicago
- Assistant to the Secretary of State, Policy and Programs, Office of the Illinois Secretary of State, Chicago
Professional Affiliations :
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Board of Managers, 2008-2009, 2010-2012
- Chair of Young Lawyers Section, 2008-2009
- Judicial Evaluation Committee (Investigations 2013-2016, Hearings 2016-Present)
- Chicago Bar Foundation
- Member, Young Professionals Board 2005-2009; Board of Directors, 2009-2010
- Recipient, Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- Life Fellow
- Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center Foundation
- Co-Founder and Treasurer, 2009-Present
- Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
- Member, Hearing Board, 2014-Present
- J.D., magna cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1999
- B.A., Political Science & Sociology, University of Illinois, 1993
Admissions : Illinois
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$