Timothy R. Loveland counsels healthcare investors and providers on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, corporate governance and other transactional and contractual matters.
Tim’s practice also focuses extensively on healthcare regulatory and compliance issues, including Anti-Kickback and Stark, corporate practice of medicine prohibitions, fee-splitting, state fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, life sciences and FDA regulations in the medical device and pharmacy spaces, and regulatory issues surrounding healthcare operations.
Prior to joining the firm, Tim worked as a healthcare consultant and advised hospitals and health systems in the development and operational integration of new hospitals, freestanding EDs, and post-acute venues.
Tim also worked as a law clerk for the American Medical Association updating the California Medical Association’s physician compliance guidelines to ensure consistency with Affordable Care Act measures.
Timothy received his Juris Doctor from Loyola University Chicago School of Law, along with a Health Law Certificate from Beazley Institute of Health Law & Policy. He also graduated cum laude with a B.A. in Government Studies, which he earned from the American University in Washington, D.C.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, Dean’s List, Certificate in Health Law, Senior Editor, Annals of Health Law Journal, Senior Editor, International Law Review, 2013
- American University, BA, Government Studies, cum laude, 2008
Admissions : Illinois
- Editor-in-Chief, Health Care Law Monthly, January 2018 – present
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Rate : $$$$