Todd Boyer is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Employment & Compensation Practice Group. He supports established high-technology companies and start-ups, retailers, and manufacturers in litigation, arbitration and mediation. He also advises employers to ensure compliance with federal and state labor regulations; including compliance with employee leave and wage and hour laws, and reductions in force under both US Federal and State WARN Acts.
Todd also serves as a reservist in the US Air Force and currently holds the rank of lieutenant colonel. He serves as the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate for 4th Air Force, serving 16,000 Air Force personnel in both the United States and the Asia Pacific.
Todd focuses on employment litigation and compliance under US Federal and State laws and regulations. He represents employers in state and federal courts, and before the California Labor Commissioner and California Employment Development Department.
He has extensive experience litigating and advising on wage and hour matters, employee classification, joint employment relationships, claims of wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation, and failure to accommodate under Title VII, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights, and the California Family Rights Act.
Todd also has significant experience in electronic discovery issues, including working with corporate counsel to ensure proper data retention is maintained, drafting appropriate terms to search data collections, and managing large data reviews and production.
- Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D.) (1999)
- Santa Clara University (B.S.) (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada~United States (2003)
- Nevada~United States (2002)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of California – Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association – Employment Section
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Acted as senior member of defense trial team in wage and hour class action involving meal and rest period claims under California law.
- Successfully enforced arbitration agreement in California putative class action resulting to dismissal of class allegations.
- Successfully defended putative class action alleging misclassification of employees, precluding class certification.
- Defeated class certification in the US District Court for the Northern District of California of a putative class of truck drivers alleging violations of California’s meal and rest period laws.
Rate : $$$