Tracy Gregar Ferak has 15 years of experience defending clients in complex product liability litigation and commercial disputes. An experienced trial lawyer, she has first and second chaired trials to verdict in federal and state courts in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Vermont.
Tracy has mediated and negotiated settlements in more than 25 states. She has served as national product liability counsel for a Fortune 100 manufacturing, technology, and service company.
Tracy is a member of the Trial Bar of the Northern District of Illinois. She has been named byLaw360 as a Top Attorney Under 40 and “Rising Star.” Tracy regularly speaks on panels and is quoted on issues pertaining to women in the practice of law.
- Obtained an unanimous jury verdict in less than an hour for an automotive product manufacturer in a $15 million product liability lawsuit involving severe brain injuries in a case tried in federal court in Texas.
- Obtained a jury verdict for an automotive product manufacturer in a $35 million product liability lawsuit involving catastrophic injuries to an infant in a case tried in federal court in Florida.
- Successfully first chaired a commercial breach of contract lawsuit in Chicago for a major national trucking company.
- Obtained a summary judgment for an automotive product manufacturer affirmed by the Ohio Court of Appeals.
- Obtained a dismissal for a Fortune 100 company in an automotive product lawsuit in Los Angeles.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 1998
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- Illinois Supreme Court
Rate : $$$