Whitney Hughes is an Associate at Fragomen’s San Francisco office. She focuses her practice on comprehensive immigration issues, including employment-based visa petitions and permanent residency applications. Her practice includes advising on nonimmigrant visas, as well as the PERM labor certification process.
Whitney first joined Fragomen as a Law Clerk in the New York office, where she assisted with clients’ immigration needs related to PERM, Adjustment of Status, L visas and I-140s.
During law school, she served as a Staff Editor and Associate Editor of the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal.
Whitney also interned at the Legal Aid Society, where she helped victims of abuse to obtain U visas.
Whitney speaks English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Managed the nonimmigrant visa caseload for an H-1B dependent client.
- Drafted Requests for Evidence (RFEs) for complex nonimmigrant issues.
- Prepared petitions for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, including O-1, TN, EB-1, EB-5, E-3, H1-B1, J-1, F-1 and B-1 visas.
- Assisted clients with asylum, naturalization, Violence Against Women Act and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status cases, and issues related to the legal consequences of criminal convictions, visa overstays and deportability.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law | J.D., 2016, cum laude
- Dartmouth College | A.B., 2013
Bar Admissions: Idaho, New York
- Member, Idaho State Bar
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$