Zahed Amin is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Practice. Mr. Amin handles the following types of matters : Complex Commercial Litigation, Construction, Insurance Coverage and Reinsurance, Class Actions, Products Liability, Professional Liability.
Mr. Amin has substantial experience litigating and influencing high-impact civil actions in state and federal courts for commercial, construction, insurance coverage and reinsurance, surety, real estate, landlord-tenant, employment, unfair competition, products liability, professional liability, toxic torts, asbestos litigation, business torts, and intellectual property legal matters. Mr. Amin has taken and defended in excess of 200 party, third party, and expert witness depositions.
Mr. Amin has successfully prepared and argued numerous law and motion matters, including motions for summary judgment/adjudications, demurrers, motions to dismiss, motions to strike, motions for judgment on the pleadings, motions to compel, motions for financial discovery, motions for conditional relief from automatic bankruptcy stay, motions for protective orders, motions for good faith settlement, motions contesting good faith settlement, motions in limine, and motions for nonsuit.
Mr. Amin has represented clients in multiple different industries, such as financial professionals, accountants, attorneys, design professionals, insurance companies, sureties, construction subcontractors, automotive corporations, craning companies, chemical distributors, distributors of kitchen and bathroom products, third party administrators, manufacturers of cellular technology equipment, and farming corporations.
Some of Mr. Amin’s representative matters include the following :
- Prosecuted a commercial arbitration regarding the interpretation and application of a contractual indemnification clause under Texas law;
- Secured a settlement on behalf of a third party administrator at less than 10% of the alleged damages in a professional liability case involving allegations of fraudulent billing and mishandling of insurance claims;
- Represented a manufacturer and distributor of cellular modules in a multi-party dispute concerning allegedly defective memory chips;
- Serve as National Coordinating Counsel for a chemical distributor sued in more than 50 lawsuits around the country;
- Represented financial professionals and accountants in lawsuits involving the use of life insurance products as an estate planning tool;
- Secured a dismissal on behalf of a law firm in a legal malpractice action after serving comprehensive written discovery and filing a demurrer and a motion to strike.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Amin served as an associate attorney for a boutique litigation firm in San Ramon, California. Immediately prior to becoming a California licensed attorney, Mr. Amin worked in the Real Estate Law Department of The Men’s Wearhouse, where he identified the company’s rights and obligations delineated in negotiated real estate documents.
Rate : $$$