Calvin K. May with five years of pharmaceutical industry experience working on clinical trials, Mr. May brings a business-oriented approach to his commercial litigation practice. Mr. May litigates in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut, representing clients in the pharmaceutical, construction, insurance, financial, software, and aviation industries, among others.
Mr. May attends to all aspects of commercial litigation and arbitration on a broad range of substantive matters for corporate clients in areas that include contract disputes, business torts, restrictive covenants, breach of fiduciary duty claims, professional negligence, fraud, professional service corporation shareholder and limited liability company litigation, and other complex business claims.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. May served a two-year judicial clerkship for the Honorable James M. Munley, U.S.D.J., on the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Before practicing law, Mr. May was an International Clinical Research Associate at Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals, as a contractor with ClinCon Research, Inc.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D.)
- 2008 National Moot Court Appellate Team (Northeast Region Semi-Finalist)
- Nathan N. Schildkraut Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy
- Best Brief – 2008 Albert Cohn Appellate Competition
- Dean’s Merit Scholar
- Moot Court Board
- Cornell University (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey
- John C. Lifland American Inn of Court for Intellectual Property and N.J. Federal Court Practice
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network
Rate : $$$