Jay H. Sandak has practiced in Connecticut for more than forty years. Jay currently has a full-time Alternate Dispute Resolution practice with an emphasis on mediation. Jay’s trial skills form a solid foundation for him when he serves as a private Mediator and Arbitrator.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators, a member of the Association of Attorney Mediators, the American Arbitration Association Panel of Neutrals and National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. He has and continues to serve as a Special Master for the U.S. Federal District Court of Connecticut and the Connecticut Superior Court negotiating settlements where he has served for almost twenty years.
Jay has conducted over 200 mediations covering business relationships, both medical and legal professional liability and catastrophic personal injury claims involving death and severe disabilities. In addition Jay has arbitrated numerous civil disputes including a soft-ware licensing case with multi-million dollar claims, a municipal liability dispute and partnership dissolution disputes.
As a result of Jay’s ongoing mediation training around the country both as a student and as a teacher, he is often called upon to facilitate a resolution of extremely difficult and complex disputes. Continuous training in the practice of mediation is what sets Jay apart as a skilled mediator who can service clients who are looking for a non-litigation strategy for ending disputes.
Prior to joining Carmody Torrance Sandak and Hennessey, Jay Sandak was the founder of Sandak Hennessey and Greco LLP. Before forming Sandak Hennessey and Greco, Jay was a partner for fourteen years at a high profile trial firm which has given him the added experience needed to handle complex mediation cases.
- Served as Corporation Counsel for the City of Stamford
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators, Fellow
- Association of Attorney Mediators
- American Arbitration Association, Master Mediation Panel
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Co-Chairman 2013-14
- Fairfield Bar Association, Former Co-Chairman, Alternative Dispute Committee and Bench-Bar Committee
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, James W. Cooper Fellow
- Former VP United Way of Stamford
- Former, President, Stamford EMS Foundation
- Former, Board of Directors, Stamford Center for the Arts
- Former, Board of Directors, Stamford Shelter for the Homeless
- Current Board member and former President of Child Guidance Center of Southwest Connecticut
- Current, President, The Herbert and Nell Singer Foundation, Inc.
- Co-Chairman, Stamford 17th Charter Revision Commission
- Member, Community Advisory Committee, Hands for Life, 2013, 2015 (Community-Wide Compression Only CPR Training)
- Colby College, B.A.,
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.,
Rate : $$$