Lara Hemingway has over 15 years of experience as a transactional lawyer, primarily counseling clients in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. She has managed employee, compensation and benefit issues in merger and acquisition transactions as both in-house and outside counsel.
Currently, her practice focuses on Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) transactions, involving the purchase or sale of companies in deals involving an ESOP. She has experience advising trustees, plan fiduciaries and plan administrators on fiduciary matters related to both ERISA and trust law generally.
Lara regularly counsels clients on compliance issues related to employee benefits and executive compensation matters. She has experience in designing, drafting and implementing qualified and nonqualified retirement plans, equity based compensation programs, employment and severance agreements, change in control provisions and welfare benefit programs.
Lara has served as an adviser to human resource professionals on employment issues, from hiring through termination, as well as advising executive management and boards of directors on corporate governance, equity compensation and SEC reporting related to compensation matters. She has also assisted small businesses and nonprofit corporations with formation, governance and compliance issues.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2001
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2000
- B.A., University of Washington, 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : Washington, 2000
- Spokane Public Library Board of Trustees, Trustee, 2016-Present
- Spokane County Bar Association, Member
- Northwest Autism Center, Board Member, 2002-Present
- National Institute of Pension Administrators – Spokane Chapter, Board Member, 2007-2011
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- K&L Gates, Counsel, 2015
- Umpqua/Sterling Bank, SVP Associate General Counsel, 2011-2014
- Witherspoon Kelley, Shareholder, 2001-2011
- Preston Gates & Ellis, Special Projects Attorney, 2000-2001
Rate : $$$