Lynn K. Neuner was named as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in the United States by Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation in 2019. She focuses on litigation involving securities, mergers, insurance coverage and false advertising. She has tried cases in federal and state court and conducted dozens of hearings before the National Advertising Division and the Networks. Her work involves the representation of large financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, mega insurers, domestic manufacturers and individual directors and officers.
Her representative experience includes:
- Pfizer, Wyeth and Pharmacia in 10b-5 securities cases asserting misrepresentations of the side effects of blockbuster drugs for arthritis, pain and depression
- Travelers in a mega insurance coverage case against Northrop Grumman involving pollution at several sites in Long Island
- Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc. in defeating Solus’s efforts to enjoin a refinancing transaction between Hovnanian and GSO Capital Partners, LP
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in litigation arising out of the second largest Ponzi scheme in the U.S. involving Stanford Bank in Antigua
- Corp Group in a significant shareholder dispute regarding the sale of a Colombian bank
- Bayer, Merck and Pfizer in advertising matters impacting Claritin, Advil, Coppertone and Centrum
- Weight Watchers in securities class action and derivative suits relating to competition with online apps
Lynn was honored as a 2018 “Distinguished Leader” by New York Law Journal, which recognizes New York lawyers in leadership roles who have achieved impressive results in the last year. She was recently named to Crain’s New York Business’s “Leading Women Lawyers in NYC,” an inaugural list that recognizes women lawyers “who juggle both distinguished careers and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities.”
Lynn is consistently recognized as one of the “Top 250 Women in Litigation” in the U.S. by Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation, and she is also recognized as a National and New York “Litigation Star” in Securities Litigation. A Benchmark source described Lynn as “one of the most talented lawyers I have seen in my career.
She is amazingly adept at predicting client’s needs and is very diligent, works well with other firms, is great on overall legal strategy as well as the day-to-day, offers amazing client service and puts together teams that work efficiently to deliver high-quality work product within a reasonable fee.” Another source said, “Lynn is a mastermind, she’s everyone’s first choice.”
Lynn is recognized by Chambers USA in Advertising: Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Insurance, where a source described her as “extremely smart, not just academic but also business-savvy.” Lynn is also recommended in several areas by The Legal 500, where she is described as an “experienced trial attorney,” and “smart, charming but tough.”
Lynn was also recognized as one of the New York County Lawyers Association’s “Outstanding Women in the Legal Profession.” She is a past Vice-President of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and is a former Chair of its Executive Committee. She is a former Chair of the Board of Directors for the Yale Law School Alumni Fund.
She is currently a member of the Commercial Division Advisory Council and currently serves on the Lawyers’ Committee of the Inner City Scholarship Fund. She is also a former Panel Chair of the Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Judicial Department in New York.
Lynn is committed to serving veterans through pro bono representation. In 2018, she won a landmark case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims that will allow veterans to challenge systemic issues in the VA system using class actions together with the Yale Law School Veterans Clinic.
She has also represented individual veterans in direct appeals to the Federal Circuit and with benefits applications to the VA. Lynn comes to New York from a large family in Rhode Island. She lives in Connecticut with her family.
- Yale Law School, 1992 J.D.
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Yale Journal on Regulation; Director, Barristers Union
- Williams College, 1989 B.A.
- summa cum laude
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Former Chair, Executive Committee
- Board of Directors of Yale Law School Alumni Fund, Former Chair
- Commercial Division Advisory Council
- Inner City Scholarship Fund, Lawyers’ Committee
- Disciplinary Committee of the First Judicial Department, Former Panel Chair
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut 1992
- United States District Court for Southern District of New York 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit 2017
Rate : $$$