With more than two decades’ experience as a litigator, Martin Sitler concentrates his practice in the area of casualty law. His practice is focused on maritime law, shipping litigation, negligent security litigation, premises liability and transportation law.
Among his diverse client base, Marty has represented multiple insurance carriers and their insureds in matters involving cargo subrogation, hull recovery, warehouse property damage and recovery, and wrongful death cases involving motor vehicle accidents and apartment shootings.
In addition he defends retail liability claims including premises liability and product liability cases as well as professional liability claims. Prior to joining Marshall Dennehey, Marty served as a combat engineer and judge advocate from 1984-2004 in the United States Marine Corps.
While in this role, he served as a prosecutor; an associate professor in the Criminal Law Department of The Judge Advocate General’s School, U.S. Army; and as a trial judge in the Piedmont Judicial Circuit, Navy, Marine Corps Trial Judiciary.
Actively involved in the legal community, Marty is a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association, Jacksonville Claims Association, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Maritime Law Association of the United States, and the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI). He is admitted to practice law in Florida, South Dakota, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Judge Advocate General School, U.S. Army (LL.M. 1997)
- University of South Dakota School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1992)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1983)
- South Dakota, 1992
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1996
- Ohio, 2004
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2012
Associations & Memberships:
- Florida Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Claims Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI), 2013
Rate : $$$