Michael L. Lawhead enlists an impressive background and proven business sense to guide clients through complex corporate matters, notably capital market transactions for companies in the healthcare and life sciences industries. His experience includes equity and debt securities transactions, as well as mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance and compliance.
He also advises privately held companies in offerings of preferred equity and venture capital funds as investors in such transactions. Digital health, diagnostics, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, among others, turn to Michael to improve their standings and increase their earnings.
Determined to navigate clients down a path of growth, Michael is a valuable addition to the firm’s Business and Corporate Group.
- Represented biopharmaceutical company in its $143.8 million underwritten follow-on offering of common stock.
- Represented medical device company in its $75 million underwritten offering of convertible senior notes.
- Represented medical device company in multiple public and private placement offerings of common stock.
- Represented biopharmaceutical company in its merger with another biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented medical company in multiple acquisitions of publicly and privately held medical device companies.
- Represented multiple venture capital funds as investors in private offerings of preferred equity.
- Represented multiple life science companies in private offerings of preferred equity.
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Community : Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2004, cum laude
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1996
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$