Sheila M. Ennis is an associate attorney in our family and criminal law practice group at Smith, Stout, Bigman & Brock, P.A. She has experience in the areas of administrative law, workers’ compensation defense, family, criminal law, and appeals.
She spent just under a year with the Public Defender, Seventh Judicial Circuit, and two years in private practice before she began working with our team.
Ms. Ennis has been working with Smith Bigman Brock since 2010. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Central Florida in 2001 with a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies. While pursuing her undergraduate degree, she was on the President’s Honor Roll and Dean’s List multiple semesters. In 2007, Ms. Ennis graduated from the Florida Coastal School of Law, earning her Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude.
During law school Ms. Ennis was a Law Review Staff Editor, and authored, Case note, Castle Doctrine for Rent, Moat not Included, published in the Spring 2005 Journal which was selected as Florida Coastal’s 2005 entry for the Scribes Law Review Award.
Ms. Ennis was awarded Best Brief for Respondent, Best Oral Argument for Respondent, highest grade award for Advanced Criminal Procedure, Employment Law, Criminal Law, and Constitutional Criminal Procedure.
Additionally, she was a Dean’s Scholar and on the Dean’s List seven semesters.
- Florida, 2008
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida, J.D. – 2007
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, B.S. – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Volusia County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010 – Present
- Volusia/Flagler Association for Women Lawyers, Member, 2013 – Present
- Volusia County Civil Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
Rate : $$$$