William Hassler’s practice encompasses a broad range of civil and criminal cases. Bill litigates a variety of civil disputes involving environmental matters, including enforcement issues relating to pipeline spills. His experience includes the trial of CERCLA liability issues, as well as defense of civil environmental enforcement actions, criminal environmental enforcement matters, and criminal and civil claims relating to alleged corporate misconduct, including the defense of Tyco’s former general counsel.
Bill also represents companies and individuals subject to criminal investigation. He has handled cases involving complex environmental matters, charges of healthcare fraud, other corporate misconduct, the regulation of medical devices, and the representation of witnesses subject to investigation by Congressional committees.
During his tenure at the Office of Independent Counsel at the Department of Justice, Bill served as a prosecutor investigating the Iran/Contra affair.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section; Section of Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law
- Prosecutor, Office of Independent Counsel, US Department of Justice
- Prosecutor, Environmental Crimes Section, US Department of Justice
- Special Assistant to the Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1980
- B.A., University of North Carolina, 1977
Rate : $$$