Aleah M. Schutze concentrates her practice in the area of health care and contracting where she has represented hospitals, physician groups, home health and personal care agencies as well as other health care entities. She supports health care providers on a variety of issues including, health care regulatory, reimbursement and compliance matters.
For the past three years, Ms. Schutze has served as both Associate General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel for Res-Care, Inc., the largest diversified health and human services provider in the U.S. Res-Care, Inc. provides residential services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as providing home care, behavioral health, rehabilitation services, and other health-related support services.
- Regulatory counsel on a wide variety of topics, including HIPAA, the HITECH Act, the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, EMTALA and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine
- Reviews and drafts HIPAA policies and procedures, medical record confidentiality and disclosure policies and procedures and other operational and related documents for health care clients
- Regularly drafts agreements for health care clients, including leases, medical director agreements, professional services agreements, physician recruitment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and employment agreements
- Represents health care providers in Medicaid payment, overpayment, refund, and compliance disputes
- J.D. Georgetown University
- M.P.H. The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- B.A./B.S. The Evergreen State College
- Medical Privacy Award, ACLU of Southern California for work on Patient Zero v. California Division of Industrial Relations et al., 2011
- Pro Bono Award from the American Health Lawyers Association, 2011
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Louisville Business Improvement Alliance
Rate : $$$$